As we enter the final stretch of the year, it’s impossible not to cast an eye back at the previous nine months and feel a sense of pride, from being nominated for - and winning - industry awards to expanding into mainland China with the opening of a new Shanghai office. Our continued achievements are testament to the strength and efforts of a team consolidated recently through key appointments.
September, and awards season, ended on a high note when we were honoured at Hotel ICON with wins across multiple categories at Marketing Magazine’s PR Awards 2016: one gold, five silvers and two bronzes. These prizes reflected our diverse strengths in integrated PR, experiential PR, influencer relations, leadership in consumer and lifestyle sectors, and our effectiveness of use of budget. Our haul this year furthermore eclipsed last year’s PR Awards tally.
In August, we were named the winner of a Silver Stevie® Award and Bronze Stevie® Award in the Communications or PR Campaign/Program of the Year - Arts & Entertainment category in the 13thAnnual Business Awards, the world’s premier business awards. #LookUpHK: Shaping the Perception of Public Art in Hong Kong won Silver for Event Horizon, Hong Kong’s biggest ever public art project, while Art Central Hong Kong: A Must-Visit Fair in a Global Arts Hub won Bronze.
June meanwhile saw the opening of the new Sinclair Communications Shanghai office, located in central Jing’an District. Led by Associate Director & Head of Business Development – China Kevin Lam, our new Shanghai presence enables faster campaign activations, stronger networks and larger traditional and digital capabilities.
In May, we were shortlisted for Best Agency Culture at Marketing magazine’s Agency of the Year Awards 2016, and we were also named on the shortlist for Arts, Entertainment and Media Campaign of the Year at the PR Week Awards 2016.
Spring was no less eventful: in March, our work for the British Council’s Event Horizon was recognised with the coveted Mumbrella Award for Bravery at the Mumbrella Asia Awards in Singapore. The award celebrates the bravest work across the media and marketing industries.
On the people front, our team was strengthened during a busy summer with the acquisition of new talent ranging from digital specialists to account managers, and we are continuing to expand.
2016 award wins and nominations
PR Awards 2016
- Best Experiential PR campaigns - Gold
- Best Influencers Strategy - Silver
- Best PR Campaign – Consumer - Silver
- Best PR-Led Integrated Communications- Silver
- Best Use of Budget - Silver
- Most Effective PR Campaign - Silver
- Best PR Campaign – Lifestyle - Bronze
- Best PR Campaign – Public Awareness - Bronze
2016 SABRE Awards Asia Pacific
- Consumer PR Consultancy of the Year - Finalist
- Integrated Marketing – Finalist
2016 In2 SABRE Awards Asia-Pacific
- Broadcast Media – Certificate of Excellence
- Digital Newsrooms - Certificate of Excellence
Marketing Magazine’s Agency of the Year 2016
- Best Agency Culture – Shortlist
Mumbrella Asia Awards 2016
- Mumbrella Award for Bravery – Winner
PR Week Awards 2016
- Arts, Entertainment and Media Campaign of the Year – Shortlist
Stevie Awards 2016
- Communications or PR Campaign/Program of the Year – Art & Entertainment – Silver
- Communications or PR Campaign/Program of the Year – Art & Entertainment - Bronze